Samdech Heng Samrin, President of the National Assembly, chaired on 21 March 2019 the Internal Meeting of the Permanent Committee of NA.
The outcome of the meeting :
- The meeting has agreed on the proposal to appoint Her H.E Kim Sovanna as the new parliamentarian in Phnom Penh instead of H.E Pa Socheatvong who resigned. Announcing the validity of the mandate of H.E Kim Sovanna, a sixth member of the National Assembly, will be held in the forthcoming session of the National Assembly.
- The meeting has agreed to appoint H.E Prach Chan as a member of Human Right Committee on Receive complaints and National Assembly and Senate Relations to submit to the forthcoming National Assembly session.
- The Meeting has agreed to appoint H.E Chan Sophal as a new member of Interior, National Defense and Civil Services Committee to submit to the forthcoming National Assembly session.
- The meeting has approved the Candidate of the Constitutional Council for a new term of the year (2019-2028) to submit to the forthcoming National Assembly session.
- The meeting agreed in the report of NA’s progression during the 1st and 2nd session of the NA, 6th legislature by entrusting the General Secretariat of the National Assembly to supplement the activities of the National Assembly until the next day of the forthcoming session of the National Assembly, the 6th legislature.